- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: waratah
Swane’s Nursery, NSW. Curiously, crumbly, scone cubes ***3 stars
Springing into Action. After years of complacency, the decision was made whilst in the midst of a spring clean up to take advantage of the power tools at hand and clear out the gardens, once and for all. The devastation was speedy, … Continue reading
Posted in Flora, Scones, Specials, Sydney Tagged andy goldworthy, app, Australian, australian native plants, banksia, bottle brush, crowea, dural, eriostemon, flower power, freisia rose, garden, grevillea, hargraves, isopogon, lilly pilly, native plants, nursery, plants, proteaflora, proteas, swanes, waratah Leave a comment
Evans Lookout, Blackheath, NSW. Waratah Bingo!!!!!!
How Tall is a Waratah? Too tall for me! Where’s a step ladder when you need one? Nowhere near Evans Lookout that’s for sure! Rather glorious to be walking along and spy such beautiful flowers. Fortunately, trying a lighter, compact … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, New South Wales, Plants, Scones Tagged blackheath, evans lookout, megalong valley, tea rooms, waratah Leave a comment
Jervis Bay, NSW. Chasing Waratahs at Hyams Beach.
Just Wild About Waratahs Missed the Mt Tomah Botanical Gardens Wild About Waratahs festival which ran from the 24th September to 9 October, 2011. Instead of scones, we were hunting around the bush near Hyams Beach for Waratahs. In the wild … Continue reading