- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Monthly Archives: August 2011
What an adventure! As a train travel novice this journey was an unknown to me. Most of Queensland’s east coast was also unknown to me. Looking back, the first change I would make would be to take an ipad … Continue reading
Natural Bridge Peek-a-Boo Heading into the Gold Coast Hinterland to the Natural Bridge at the Springbrook National Park. Here’s a map and info. A Walking Circuit takes you through the forest to the arched cave where the water plunges … Continue reading
My Kingdom for a Beach and a High Tea! Forgotten just how wonderful it is to have such a beautifully long beach. I’ve come all the way down the coast from Cairns and although there were plenty of beaches, there’s … Continue reading
Fraser Island -Hervey Bay -Maryborough & Tilt Train to Brisbane -Express to Nerang -Gold Coast, Qld. 9 hrs & 375km.
A Very Long Way for a Coffee and No Scones! 7.50 am. Ferry from Fraser Island to Hervey Bay. 8.40 am. Bus from River Heads, Hervey Bay to Pialba, Hervey Bay. 9.50 am. Bus Pialba, Hervey Bay to Maryborough West … Continue reading
Snap Happy at the Kingfisher Bay Resort! Don’t wast time unpacking, this is photographer’s paradise. Head down to the jetty for those marvellous sunset scenes. Can you take too many sunsets? Never! First thing next morning, we’re paddling a … Continue reading
Unloved, Unwanted but Undeterred. The Maheno has been slowly rusting away on the shores of Fraser Island since 1935. She was being towed to Japan for scrap and came adrift. Nobody wanted to pay to salvage her so she was … Continue reading
A Magical, Whale of a Time! After a hearty breakfast at Kingfisher Bay Resort we joined the Beauty Spots 4WD Eco tour to explore Fraser Island. Glad we weren’t driving, it was hard work at times, even for our most … Continue reading