- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Books
River Cottage, UK. A Yummy Scone Recipe.
At Last, a Recipe! Dear Sconquest Followers, My apologies for not including recipes before now. I have endeavoured to find the copyright and get permission for the Commonsense Cookery Scones and the popular Wizz in the Kitchen food processor scones … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Recipes, Scones Tagged abc shop, booktopia, borders, Commonsense cookery book, food processor, River Cottage, video, wizz in the kitchen Leave a comment
itunes apps for baking scones recipe and CWA e-books.
Haven’t explored itunes for scone recipes before. I found a very nice looking app for baking today, which had a scone recipe. The Photo Cookbook-Baking for $5.49. Reviewers seemed very happy, give it a try and let me know.There is … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Recipes Tagged app, baking, cookbook, country womens association, cwa, e-book, hummingbird bakery, itunes, photo Leave a comment
Sydney, NSW. In the Mood for a High Tea?
Just happened upon HIGH TEA by chance & I had to buy it as it had so many yummy recipes. Other cookbooks I ‘ve had from the Australian Women’s Weekly have become institutions in our kitchen. Dymocks online has the … Continue reading
Posted in Books, High Tea, Scones, Sydney Tagged art gallery of nsw, australian womens weekly, AWW, booktopia, buttermilk, city of sydney archives, date, dymocks, gingerbread, gunner barracks, high tea, max brenner, pumpkin, qvb, sofitel, stamford, sydney, sydney opera house, the observatory, the tea room, vanilla, zonta Leave a comment
A Popular Food Processor Scone Recipe.
‘A Wizz in the Kitchen’ which came with the Breville Wizz a long time ago, 1980’s? You can even buy it on e-bay now for under $10. This was a popular recipe, it was quick & simple & made less mess as … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Recipes, Scones Tagged breville, Scones, wizz, wizz in the kitchen 2 Comments
Commonsense Cookery Scones
The Commonsense Cookery Book has to have one of the all time, tried & true scone recipes. It was first published in 1914 & compiled by the NSW Public School Cookery Teacher’s Association and used for many years in High Schools. … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Recipes, Scones Tagged abc shop, angus & robertson, Commonsense cookery book, country womens association cookbook, date, dymocks, loaf, pumpkin, Scones, sultana Leave a comment