- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Just happened upon HIGH TEA by chance & I had to buy it as it had so many yummy recipes. Other cookbooks I ‘ve had from the Australian Women’s Weekly have become institutions in our kitchen. Dymocks online has the … Continue reading
Funny, how many variations there are on what can be done with some flour, butter, milk & eggs. It’s surprising how many scone recipes have eggs and how many different ways they’re made. Quite often, I find myself ordering waffles … Continue reading
What:The Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mt Tomah Where: Bells Line of Road via Bilpin, NSW 2748 Ph: 02 4567 2154 When: 10-4pm Mar-Oct, 10-5 pm Oct-Mar. Web: http://www.mounttomahbotanicgarden.com.au Entry: FREE to Gardens. Value: Pricey Cost: … Continue reading
Nestled between Katoomba & Blackheath is the Hydro Majestic Hotel, at Medlow Bath which straddles the escarpment above the Megalong Valley. A refurbishment is long over due as it was rather dark and uninviting. Let’s hope there’s great scones, a … Continue reading
Shock & Horror. After enjoying their marvellous scones & pies for many years, the Bay Tree is closed until further notice, according to the notice on the door. It appears to have been For Sale recently and this is how … Continue reading
Taking Time to Walk & Wonder Suitably fortified, it was time to visit the Leura Cascades & continue on this section of the Prince Henry Cliff Walk. It’s good to have a map. The Blue Mountains Tourist Newspaper is available in … Continue reading
What: Cafe Madeline Rating Today: ****4 stars Sweet scones.Great jam . Where: 187a Leura Mall, Leura NSW 2780 Phone: 02 4784 3833 When: 7 days a week 9am-5pm Web: http://www.josophans.com.au Value: Pricey Cost: Scones,butter & … Continue reading