- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Uluru
The Red Centre Way,NT. Territory Trails Podtours ****4 stars
Tempted to Explore More Or Even Go Offroad? What a brilliant idea! ABC Radio Alice Springs has a series of podcasts for travelling around the Northern Territory so there’s plenty more to explore. The podcasts cover Kakadu National Park, Litchfield … Continue reading
Posted in 4WD, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, National Parks, Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm, The Olgas, Top End, Uluru, Uncategorized Tagged abc radio, Alice Springs, Darwin, desert park, gosses bluff, Hema, hermannsburg, Kakadu, Katherine, Litchfield, mereendie loop, national park, northern territory, palm, permit, rainbow, Red Centre Way, valley, West MacDonnell Leave a comment
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, NT. Working Together.
Palya! Welcome to Anangu Land Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park Park-aku nintiringanyi Learning about the park – both ways Ananguku ngura nyangatja, Anangu Tjukurpa tjutatjara. This is an Aboriginal place with much Anangu law. … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta, National Parks, The Olgas, Uluru Tagged Anangu, Jennifer Taylor, Working Together Leave a comment
Central Australia, NT. The Scone Drought Continues.
Northern Territory Round Up Nobody for miles until we reach the airport where it’s teaming with passengers coming and going. Surprised to find their are direct flights from Cairns and Perth for the whistle stop Australia tours and it’s about … Continue reading
Posted in Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Central Australia, Flight, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, Maps, National Parks, Specials, The Olgas, Uluru Tagged geckos cafe, journey jottings, pioneer bbq, Yulara Leave a comment
Ayers Rock-Uluru, NT. A Monsterous Delight *****5 stars
Face to Face Around the Base of Uluru Heading back home today but certainly not before we’ve done the 10.6 km Base Walk around Ayers Rock-Uluru. It just means we have to be packed, have a hearty breakfast and manage … Continue reading
Posted in Ayers Rock, Bushwalk, Central Australia, National Parks, Uluru Tagged ayers rock, base, climb, geoscience australia, kantu gorge., kuniya, lungkata, mala, mutijulu, sandstone, tapatji, thorny devil, uluru, walk, waterhole Leave a comment
The Olgas, Kata Tjuta,NT. Just Addicted to Rocks.*****5stars
A Winning Trifecta What a wonderful combination, Kings Canyon, Ayers Rock-Uluru and the Olgas-Kata Tjuta. Why would you come all this way and miss seeing any of them? They are truly superb, uniquely different to each other and MASSIVE. Kings … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, National Parks, Uluru Tagged Yulara 1 Comment
Ayers Rock, NT. To Climb or Not to Climb Uluru.
Your Choice, Your Responsibility Another early start at Ayers Rock this morning. Beautifully crisp, cool morning, just right for walking. If your considering walking around or climbing Ayers Rock here’s the visitors guide with maps for Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. There … Continue reading
Posted in Ayers Rock, Central Australia, Kata Tjuta, Places, The Olgas, Uluru Tagged climb, national park, rock paintings, uluru, walks, waterhole Leave a comment
Ayers Rock, NT. Totally Tantalizing Uluru. *****5 stars
A Kaleidoscope of Changing Shapes & Colours Where else do you find a rock with it’s own airport? Is that truly Rock star status? So exciting to be here at last. The cost is rather off putting but we’re coming … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Ayers Rock, Central Australia, National Parks, Uluru, Uncategorized 1 Comment