- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Tour
2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
Life Aboard the Southern Aurora If you haven’t travelled overnight on a sleeper there is a lot of insignificant detail to learn. How do you get the bed down? Why won’t it lock back into the wall? Why isn’t there … Continue reading
Posted in New South Wales, Tour, Train Trips Tagged Beds, Carriages, Comfortable, Heritage Rail, Single Berth, Southern Aurora, zerotohero Leave a comment
Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
Day 1: On Being without Barrington Tops or Scones but with Fireworks Travelling with Heritage Express on the Southern Aurora, a 50 year old inter-city express passenger train. The itinerary says: Explore the Barrington Wilderness from the Hunter World Heritage … Continue reading
The Dawn of Sconeology
The Blending of Science & Fiction Anthropology is the science of humanity that endeavours to understand the diverse nature of people and their cultures. Sconeology explores the nature of people searching for great scones and great places to enjoy them. Their quest reveals … Continue reading
Posted in Flight, London, Sconeology, Tour Tagged anthropology, britain, insight tour, ireland, sconeology, star trek Leave a comment
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
And All the Way Down Again Our brain is a curious thing. We think of all sorts of things as we walk along and even break into song at times but on the return journey our perspective is always completely … Continue reading
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
The Only Way is Up. As always, an early start is best for the Tongariro Alpine Crossing on New Zealand’s North Island. Here’s a website with info and a Map. Signposts indicate distances and times and help to track your progress. Are … Continue reading
Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
A Stroll in the Sunshine makes us Smile. On the road between the Whakapapa Ski Area and Tongariro Village is the end of the Silica Rapids Walk which can be taken as a circuit or one way. There’s a … Continue reading
Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist until the Sunshines! Still Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist It wasn’t a dark and stormy night but the road to the Mt Ruapehu base area was covered in mist and and not at … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, National Parks, North Island, Scones, Tongariro National Park, Tour, Volcano Tagged cafe, Knoll Ridge, lava flow, Mt Ruapheu, new zealand, volcano, Walking Legends Leave a comment
Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
* * * * Waiting Amid the Clouds & Mist * * * * Wonderfully clear day yesterday for our train journey on the Northern Explorer to Mt Tongariro in New Zealand’s North Island. Looking out the window at Chateau … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tongariro National Park, Tour, Volcano, Waterfalls Tagged Chateau Tongariro, Devonshire Tea, hazard, high tea, Milford track, Mt Ruapehu, national park, new zealand, North Island, Tawhai Falls, Tongariro, visitors centre, volcano, walking, Walking Legends, waterfall, Whakapapa 1 Comment
Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
Why would you drive 350 kms? Finally on New Zealand’s North Island and heading down from Auckland to National Park to stay at Chateau Tongariro and walk the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and Mt Ruapehu. Mt Tongariro volcano has erupted … Continue reading
Posted in National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tour, Train Trips Tagged Alpine Crossing, cafe, Chateau, Chateau Tongariro, Kiwi Rail, lemonade, Mt Ruapehu, mt tongariro, new zealand, North Island, Northern Explorer, railway station, raurimu spiral, Scones, Tongariro, Walking Legends Leave a comment
North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
GREETINGS FROM NEW ZEALAND (AGAIN)! Just returned from the North Island of New Zealand and an assortment of scone adventures. Flew into Auckland and travelled on the new Northern Explorer Train to Tongariro National Park, then returned on the train back … Continue reading
Posted in Food, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tour, Train Trips Tagged Airport, Auckland, Bay of islands, cafe, Cape Reinga, Chateau Tongariro, cheese, date, gumdiggers, Hokianga, Kauri Ancient Kingdom, kauri Museum, Knoll Ridge, lemonade, Mt Ruapehu, national park, Northern Explorer, railway tearoom, raurimu spiral, Scones, tearooms, The Dome, Tongariro, train Leave a comment