- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Maps
The Only Way is Up. As always, an early start is best for the Tongariro Alpine Crossing on New Zealand’s North Island. Here’s a website with info and a Map. Signposts indicate distances and times and help to track your progress. Are … Continue reading
Anything’s Possible. Never climbed an active volcano before. It’s a good idea to take a friend just in case it erupts. Walking with a local guide is also an excellent idea. Even though, the weather is glorious and picture perfect … Continue reading
Timeless… Te Anau (start). Time to take a local tour bus up to Milford Sound which is 120km or 2 1/2 hrs driven away. As there’s only one road in and out, why not enjoy the views and leave the … Continue reading
Suspended in Time Mount Cook is an elusive creature, keeping you in suspense for that moment when the summit is suddenly clearly visible and distinct. Sometimes you round a bend and there it is or you walk for hours with … Continue reading
Stupendously Stunning Seascapes High tide again at Kiama Blowhole and still trying to catch the wave as it surges in the strong swell. Luckily, my patience and perseverance is duly rewarded. Time to follow the Grand Pacific Drive north to … Continue reading
Northern Territory Round Up Nobody for miles until we reach the airport where it’s teaming with passengers coming and going. Surprised to find their are direct flights from Cairns and Perth for the whistle stop Australia tours and it’s about … Continue reading
Just love those Rocks! What do you know? We only have to drive 300 or so kilometres today so there’s plenty of time for another early morning walk. Instead of climbing canyons today we’re taking a leisurely stroll along the … Continue reading
Cautionery Tales Without rambling further about getting lost trying to find Anzac Hill or our inability to open the fuel tank on a Holden Cruz we will focus on the priorities, namely a decent map. Forget all the brochures and … Continue reading
What Australian Plant or Bird Is That? Still a beautiful day at Booderee National Park. Still love those signs. Just when you thought it was safe, I still had plenty of ‘room for improvement’ and … Continue reading
Wildflowers, Clifftops and Scones with such a view! Booderee National Park is at Jervis Bay, on the New South Wales’ South Coast between Nowra and Ulladulla. Here’s a map of Jervis Bay and one of Booderee. With many walking trails, camping areas, a … Continue reading