- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Kings Canyon Rim Walk, NT. Simply Breathtaking! ****4 stars
‘Strewth’, it’s dark outside, as Grandad used to say. He had such a wealth of colourful phrases like ‘stone the crows’ and ‘starve the lizards’ which you don’t hear much anymore. After dinner, we had recovered sufficiently to venture along … Continue reading
Alice Springs to Kings Canyon via Standley Chasm and Simpsons Gap ****4stars
Desert Magic Enough shilly shallying, so we headed out west along Namatjira Drive to Standley Chasm and Simpsons Gap. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to visit Ormiston Gorge after stocking up with supplies, maps and a coffee in Alice … Continue reading
Posted in Alice Springs, Bushwalk, Kings Canyon, National Parks, Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm Tagged Bill Bryson, bon jovi, Down Under, ipad, kangaroos Leave a comment
Alice Springs, NT. A Long Way to and from Anywhere.
Cautionery Tales Without rambling further about getting lost trying to find Anzac Hill or our inability to open the fuel tank on a Holden Cruz we will focus on the priorities, namely a decent map. Forget all the brochures and … Continue reading
Alice Springs, NT. Wandering with Imagination not Images.
Chaos Reigns Supreme Sack the navigator! What! I was doing my best but it didn’t matter where we were heading I didn’t know which way was up, north, right but mostly wrong, even with a simple map. Ooops, we just … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, Central Australia, High Tea, Uncategorized, Victoria Tagged Alice Springs, apple, casino, geelong, Grace Kelly, images, ipad, lasseters, lost, morsecodians, telegraph station, trig hill 1 Comment
Nowhere, AUS. Where to now?
Exploring the Unknown Quite a scone drought the last few months so we are heading into the great unknown with next to no idea of what we’ll find or where we’re going. Looking forward to such an adventure, just me … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Central Australia, Flight, Places Tagged Alice Springs, Central Australia, ipad, qantas, tetris Leave a comment