- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Townsville
Heading back home after 2000km on Queensland Rail.
What an adventure! As a train travel novice this journey was an unknown to me. Most of Queensland’s east coast was also unknown to me. Looking back, the first change I would make would be to take an ipad … Continue reading
Posted in Cairns-Port Douglas, Fraser island, Queensland, Townsville, Whitsundays Tagged airlie, beach, brisbane, Cairns, fraser island, Gold Coast, noosa, port douglas, queensland, rail, sunlander, tilt, townsville Leave a comment
Townsville-Airlie Beach Tilt Train. A 275 km Scone Free Zone.
Quiet, comfortable and enjoyable travelling on the Tilt Train and much faster than the Sunlander. The omnipresent sugar cane is never far away and the mountains follow our journey south. Somehow, I managed to travel in between meal times. Dining was … Continue reading
Posted in High Tea, Queensland, Specials, Townsville, Train Trips, Uncategorized Tagged andrew mirosch, dining, high tea, Lurleen, queensland, rail, Restaurant, Sirromet, sunlander, tilt, train, winery Leave a comment
Wallaman Falls, Qld. Chasing Butterflies, Rainbows & Scones!
Rainbows among the Sunshine After yesterday’s sconelessness we were hopeful for better luck today. Sadly, the Rainforest Inn was closed after their hectic day yesterday and the Heritage Tea Rooms at Herveys Range looked fantastic but were in the wrong … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Queensland, Scones, Tour, Townsville, Waterfalls Tagged cassowary, crocodile, falls, Girringin, heritage tea rooms, herveys range, hidden valley, ingham, jinda, national park, picnic, rainbow, townsville, wallaman Leave a comment
Hidden Valley, Qld. Close Scone Encounters at Paluma!
so Near but so Far! Off again, this time to Hidden Valley Cabins. Nice to have a 9am pick up from Townsville and explore the city sights including Castle Hill. From here (if it’s clear) there are magnificent 360 … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Maps, Queensland, Scones, Tour, Townsville, Waterfalls Tagged australian georgaphic, bridge, cabins, castle hill, eco, falls, hidden valley, lennox, little crystal creek, lookout, magnetic island, national park, paluma, platypus, pottery, rainforest inn, townsville, wallaman Leave a comment