- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Recipes
At Last, a Recipe! Dear Sconquest Followers, My apologies for not including recipes before now. I have endeavoured to find the copyright and get permission for the Commonsense Cookery Scones and the popular Wizz in the Kitchen food processor scones … Continue reading
A Supermarket Surprise! Look what I found in the local supermarket flour aisle! It’s made by Laucke Flour mills in Strathalbyn, South Australia and costs about $A 5.50 and has two 600g packets. On Laucke’s website they have a whole … Continue reading
Haven’t explored itunes for scone recipes before. I found a very nice looking app for baking today, which had a scone recipe. The Photo Cookbook-Baking for $5.49. Reviewers seemed very happy, give it a try and let me know.There is … Continue reading
From the taste.com.au web site making perfect scones and a smorgasbord of scone recipes below that you can try. No pumpkin scones here but I wouldn’t mind the vanilla bean scones with mixed berry jam! Make perfect scones Learn the secret … Continue reading
While in Queensland I met a fellow sconquestor who had won competitions with his buttermilk scones. Now I’ve found a buttermilk scone recipe for you to try with variations as well as lots of other scone recipes at the taste.com.au … Continue reading
Remember the lemonade scones on the Sunlander train from Cairns to Townsville. I’ve found a recipe at taste.com.au that the reviewers seem happy with. Give it a try and see what you think! Lemonade Scones Makes 8 Ingredients 300g (2 … Continue reading