- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Kings Canyon
Tempted to Explore More Or Even Go Offroad? What a brilliant idea! ABC Radio Alice Springs has a series of podcasts for travelling around the Northern Territory so there’s plenty more to explore. The podcasts cover Kakadu National Park, Litchfield … Continue reading
Northern Territory Round Up Nobody for miles until we reach the airport where it’s teaming with passengers coming and going. Surprised to find their are direct flights from Cairns and Perth for the whistle stop Australia tours and it’s about … Continue reading
A Winning Trifecta What a wonderful combination, Kings Canyon, Ayers Rock-Uluru and the Olgas-Kata Tjuta. Why would you come all this way and miss seeing any of them? They are truly superb, uniquely different to each other and MASSIVE. Kings … Continue reading
Just love those Rocks! What do you know? We only have to drive 300 or so kilometres today so there’s plenty of time for another early morning walk. Instead of climbing canyons today we’re taking a leisurely stroll along the … Continue reading
‘Strewth’, it’s dark outside, as Grandad used to say. He had such a wealth of colourful phrases like ‘stone the crows’ and ‘starve the lizards’ which you don’t hear much anymore. After dinner, we had recovered sufficiently to venture along … Continue reading
Desert Magic Enough shilly shallying, so we headed out west along Namatjira Drive to Standley Chasm and Simpsons Gap. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to visit Ormiston Gorge after stocking up with supplies, maps and a coffee in Alice … Continue reading