- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Blue Mountains
Ye Olde Steam Tramway After my recent trip on the Southern Aurora, I wondered why I have such a fascination with trains. Beyond the fact that they are such marvellous examples of human ingenuity, trains are a tangible link to … Continue reading
Great Expectations. Sadly Disappointed. Finally went horse riding for the first time ever. Didn’t fall off & enjoyed the trail ride in the Blue Mountains. It was only an hour but it still left you rather sore and tender. To … Continue reading
What: Wayzgoose Cafe Where: 174 Leura Mall, Leura, NSW Ph: 4784 1973 When: 7 days Web: www.wayzgoosecafe.com.au Value: Excellent Cost: Flower Pot Scone $5.50 with plenty jam & cream. Quaint but Crusty & Chewy Have often looked … Continue reading
Blue Mountains Library Clarifies… Impressed by the common sense approach of John Low, the Local Studies Librarian at Blue Mountains City Library in an article on the Explorers’ Tree. He concludes with: What are we to make of the considerable variation in detail that … Continue reading
Australia’s Original Blarney Stone (Tree)! Fact or Fiction? Does it matter? Seemed such a simple story but it isn’t. Apparently, it is questionable whether the tree was ever marked in 1813 by the explorer’s Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth. Quite innocently, just looking … Continue reading
An Explorers’ Tree in a Cage. What a great photo! Don’t you love those hats! By about 1900 the Tree was lopped. This photo from Blue Mountains Library Local Studies Collection says: First recorded use of the term Surveyors Tree; Star … Continue reading
The Iconic Vision Continues???? The Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath was once the crowning glory of the Blue Mountains but now it lies patiently waiting for a new lease of life. Perched on the top of the escarpment with … Continue reading