- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Cairns-Brisbane with Queensland Rail. 1691km in 24-31 hours?
Now where’s a map & my Tevas? Off to Northern Queensland so I need a map & my favourite Teva sandals. No idea where or whether I will find scones here, but it’s all part of the adventure and there … Continue reading
Posted in Queensland, Train Trips Tagged Great Barrier Reef, madame flavour, queensland, rail, teva, virgin airlines Leave a comment
Wentworth Falls, NSW. Great for a Family Picnic- Next Time.
Food for Thought If your looking for somewhere in the Blue Mountains to bring the family for a picnic, byo scones & thermos, then it’s here at Wentworth Falls. Here’s some info & a map. The whole picnic area … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, Maps, New South Wales, Picnic, Waterfalls Tagged blue mountains, lookout, picnic, weeping rock, wentworth falls Leave a comment
Katoomba Falls, NSW. A Hidden Treasure.
How Tall is a Tall Waterfall? Start at the Katoomba Falls Kiosk & walk down a little way staying on top of the cliffs. Checked World of Waterfalls to find how tall Katoomba Falls is but it didn’t … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Waterfalls Tagged blue mountains, falls, katoomba, kiosk, scenic skyway, three sisters, vanimans lookout, waterfalls, wild walks Leave a comment
Sutherland Falls, New Zealand. A Marvellous Water Fall.
Chasing Waterfalls NEW Zealand’s tallest waterfall is Sutherland Falls, near Quinton Lodge on the Milford Track. If you want to enjoy this exhilarating waterfall be prepared to get wet from the spray, the power of the falls or … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, New Zealand, Scones, Waterfalls Tagged DOC, falls, lodge, mackinnon pass, milford sound, new zealand, pompolona, quinton, sunderland, sutherland, Te Anau, ultimate hikes, World of Waterfalls Leave a comment