- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: megalong valley
Katoomba, NSW. The Saga of the Explorer’s Tree continues…
Australia’s Original Blarney Stone (Tree)! Fact or Fiction? Does it matter? Seemed such a simple story but it isn’t. Apparently, it is questionable whether the tree was ever marked in 1813 by the explorer’s Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth. Quite innocently, just looking … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, New South Wales Tagged 1813, 200 years, 2013, art gallery nsw, australia, bass, blarney stone., blaxland, blue mountains, carrington hotel, crossing, explorers tree, hydro majestic, imperial hotel, jenolan caves, katoomba, lawson, megalong valley, monument, Mt Victoria, powerhouse museum, six foot track, state library nsw, tea rooms, trove, wentworth Leave a comment
Megalong Valley, NSW. Country Style Devonshire Teas ****4 stars.
What: Megalong Valley Tea Rooms Today:**** 4 stars. Generous Devonshire Tea. Where: Megalong Road, Megalong Valley NSW 2785 Phone:02 4787 9181 When: Open 9am Daily. Web: http://www.megalongtearooms.com Value: Ok for generous servings. Cost $9.95 … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Scones Tagged blackheath, hydro majestic hotel, megalong valley, tea rooms Leave a comment
Evans Lookout, Blackheath, NSW. Waratah Bingo!!!!!!
How Tall is a Waratah? Too tall for me! Where’s a step ladder when you need one? Nowhere near Evans Lookout that’s for sure! Rather glorious to be walking along and spy such beautiful flowers. Fortunately, trying a lighter, compact … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, New South Wales, Plants, Scones Tagged blackheath, evans lookout, megalong valley, tea rooms, waratah Leave a comment
Medlow Bath, NSW. Hydro Majestic Hotel Closed Until late 2012.
Nestled between Katoomba & Blackheath is the Hydro Majestic Hotel, at Medlow Bath which straddles the escarpment above the Megalong Valley. A refurbishment is long over due as it was rather dark and uninviting. Let’s hope there’s great scones, a … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, High Tea, New South Wales, Scones Tagged hydro majestic, medlow bath, megalong valley, tea rooms Leave a comment