- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: National Parks
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
And All the Way Down Again Our brain is a curious thing. We think of all sorts of things as we walk along and even break into song at times but on the return journey our perspective is always completely … Continue reading
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
The Only Way is Up. As always, an early start is best for the Tongariro Alpine Crossing on New Zealand’s North Island. Here’s a website with info and a Map. Signposts indicate distances and times and help to track your progress. Are … Continue reading
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
Anything’s Possible. Never climbed an active volcano before. It’s a good idea to take a friend just in case it erupts. Walking with a local guide is also an excellent idea. Even though, the weather is glorious and picture perfect … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Maps, National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Places, Tongariro National Park, Volcano Tagged Eruption, Opening, Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Walking Legends 2 Comments
Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
A Stroll in the Sunshine makes us Smile. On the road between the Whakapapa Ski Area and Tongariro Village is the end of the Silica Rapids Walk which can be taken as a circuit or one way. There’s a … Continue reading
Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist until the Sunshines! Still Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist It wasn’t a dark and stormy night but the road to the Mt Ruapehu base area was covered in mist and and not at … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, National Parks, North Island, Scones, Tongariro National Park, Tour, Volcano Tagged cafe, Knoll Ridge, lava flow, Mt Ruapheu, new zealand, volcano, Walking Legends Leave a comment
Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
* * * * Waiting Amid the Clouds & Mist * * * * Wonderfully clear day yesterday for our train journey on the Northern Explorer to Mt Tongariro in New Zealand’s North Island. Looking out the window at Chateau … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tongariro National Park, Tour, Volcano, Waterfalls Tagged Chateau Tongariro, Devonshire Tea, hazard, high tea, Milford track, Mt Ruapehu, national park, new zealand, North Island, Tawhai Falls, Tongariro, visitors centre, volcano, walking, Walking Legends, waterfall, Whakapapa 1 Comment
Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
Why would you drive 350 kms? Finally on New Zealand’s North Island and heading down from Auckland to National Park to stay at Chateau Tongariro and walk the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and Mt Ruapehu. Mt Tongariro volcano has erupted … Continue reading
Posted in National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tour, Train Trips Tagged Alpine Crossing, cafe, Chateau, Chateau Tongariro, Kiwi Rail, lemonade, Mt Ruapehu, mt tongariro, new zealand, North Island, Northern Explorer, railway station, raurimu spiral, Scones, Tongariro, Walking Legends Leave a comment
Mt Cook, New Zealand. The Unpredictability of Moving Mountains*****5stars
Keeping up the Suspense. Vagaries in the weather provide us with different experiences from those beautifully, clear and fine days. Fortunately, I’ve tramped along the Hooker Valley in different conditions but regardless, it’s still awe inspiring in it’s unpredictability. Looming … Continue reading
Fitzroy Falls, NSW. The Waterfall Waltz ****4stars
Waltzing with the Wind Wandered down to Fitzroy Falls on a beautifully, crisp and clear, but freezing morning. The main lookout is quite close to the falls and today the up draught chilled any intrepid visitors to the bone. After … Continue reading
The Red Centre Way,NT. Territory Trails Podtours ****4 stars
Tempted to Explore More Or Even Go Offroad? What a brilliant idea! ABC Radio Alice Springs has a series of podcasts for travelling around the Northern Territory so there’s plenty more to explore. The podcasts cover Kakadu National Park, Litchfield … Continue reading
Posted in 4WD, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon, National Parks, Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm, The Olgas, Top End, Uluru, Uncategorized Tagged abc radio, Alice Springs, Darwin, desert park, gosses bluff, Hema, hermannsburg, Kakadu, Katherine, Litchfield, mereendie loop, national park, northern territory, palm, permit, rainbow, Red Centre Way, valley, West MacDonnell Leave a comment