- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: New South Wales
Ye Olde Steam Tramway After my recent trip on the Southern Aurora, I wondered why I have such a fascination with trains. Beyond the fact that they are such marvellous examples of human ingenuity, trains are a tangible link to … Continue reading
Scones of the Hunter Valley & New England Tribes Rather than eat ourselves silly on Christmas Day I simply made a batch of scones using the CWA packet mix and was heartened by my family’s joyous response of *****5 stars. … Continue reading
Life Aboard the Southern Aurora If you haven’t travelled overnight on a sleeper there is a lot of insignificant detail to learn. How do you get the bed down? Why won’t it lock back into the wall? Why isn’t there … Continue reading
Day 2: Off to a Great Start Knowing nothing about racing was not entirely a disadvantage at the Wallabadah races as two horses in the first race refused to enter the barriers so my odds went from 1 chance in … Continue reading
Day 1: On Being without Barrington Tops or Scones but with Fireworks Travelling with Heritage Express on the Southern Aurora, a 50 year old inter-city express passenger train. The itinerary says: Explore the Barrington Wilderness from the Hunter World Heritage … Continue reading
Australia Day: A Fine Days Sailing The ‘HMB Endeavour’ Replica was sailing from its mooring at the Australian National Maritime Museum for the Australia Day Celebrations in Sydney Harbour. We set off about 10am to watch the Ferry Race and join … Continue reading
Springing into Action. After years of complacency, the decision was made whilst in the midst of a spring clean up to take advantage of the power tools at hand and clear out the gardens, once and for all. The devastation was speedy, … Continue reading
Stupendously Stunning Seascapes High tide again at Kiama Blowhole and still trying to catch the wave as it surges in the strong swell. Luckily, my patience and perseverance is duly rewarded. Time to follow the Grand Pacific Drive north to … Continue reading
Time to Tango Huge Seas and a freezing, cold gale as we ventured down the winding, mountain road towards Nowra, Berry and Kiama Blowhole. First, there was the small matter of getting lost in Moss Vale, again. Eventually found the … Continue reading