- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Heaven knows what’s next! Opportunity knocks!!! Little did I know that today’s agenda would include a marvellous scenic flight by Air Fraser Island. While savouring the sights of the magnificent beach/highway our Kingfisher Bay eco-tour stopped briefly while … Continue reading
Airlie Beach-Proserpine-Hervey Bay-Frazer Island, Queensland. 837kms. Sleeping First Class on the Sunlander.
Initiation into Overnight Sleepers My goodness, it’s dark on the top bunk of a sleeper as you hurtle through the night. 9.30pm. Boarding the Sunlander at Proserpine means the seat is gone and there’s bunk beds instead. Bad luck if … Continue reading
Such Brilliant Sunshine & Sparkling Blue Water Love to watch the boats sail by. Off sailing to the islands with Illusions. More sea sick tablets for me but not being a confident boat person I was soon out of my … Continue reading
Waking up in Paradise Arrived after dark last night so there was no way of knowing what was outside my room. Voila! A glorious view of the Whitsundays! Enforced shore leave today as I hadn’t got my act together … Continue reading
Quiet, comfortable and enjoyable travelling on the Tilt Train and much faster than the Sunlander. The omnipresent sugar cane is never far away and the mountains follow our journey south. Somehow, I managed to travel in between meal times. Dining was … Continue reading
A Supermarket Surprise! Look what I found in the local supermarket flour aisle! It’s made by Laucke Flour mills in Strathalbyn, South Australia and costs about $A 5.50 and has two 600g packets. On Laucke’s website they have a whole … Continue reading
Rainbows among the Sunshine After yesterday’s sconelessness we were hopeful for better luck today. Sadly, the Rainforest Inn was closed after their hectic day yesterday and the Heritage Tea Rooms at Herveys Range looked fantastic but were in the wrong … Continue reading