- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Bushwalk
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
And All the Way Down Again Our brain is a curious thing. We think of all sorts of things as we walk along and even break into song at times but on the return journey our perspective is always completely … Continue reading
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
The Only Way is Up. As always, an early start is best for the Tongariro Alpine Crossing on New Zealand’s North Island. Here’s a website with info and a Map. Signposts indicate distances and times and help to track your progress. Are … Continue reading
Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
Anything’s Possible. Never climbed an active volcano before. It’s a good idea to take a friend just in case it erupts. Walking with a local guide is also an excellent idea. Even though, the weather is glorious and picture perfect … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Maps, National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Places, Tongariro National Park, Volcano Tagged Eruption, Opening, Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Walking Legends 2 Comments
Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
A Stroll in the Sunshine makes us Smile. On the road between the Whakapapa Ski Area and Tongariro Village is the end of the Silica Rapids Walk which can be taken as a circuit or one way. There’s a … Continue reading
Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist until the Sunshines! Still Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist It wasn’t a dark and stormy night but the road to the Mt Ruapehu base area was covered in mist and and not at … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, National Parks, North Island, Scones, Tongariro National Park, Tour, Volcano Tagged cafe, Knoll Ridge, lava flow, Mt Ruapheu, new zealand, volcano, Walking Legends Leave a comment
Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
* * * * Waiting Amid the Clouds & Mist * * * * Wonderfully clear day yesterday for our train journey on the Northern Explorer to Mt Tongariro in New Zealand’s North Island. Looking out the window at Chateau … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, National Parks, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tongariro National Park, Tour, Volcano, Waterfalls Tagged Chateau Tongariro, Devonshire Tea, hazard, high tea, Milford track, Mt Ruapehu, national park, new zealand, North Island, Tawhai Falls, Tongariro, visitors centre, volcano, walking, Walking Legends, waterfall, Whakapapa 1 Comment
The Milford Road, NZ. A Pictorial Journey.*****5stars
Timeless… Te Anau (start). Time to take a local tour bus up to Milford Sound which is 120km or 2 1/2 hrs driven away. As there’s only one road in and out, why not enjoy the views and leave the … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Maps, New Zealand, South Island, Tour, Uncategorized, Waterfalls Tagged Cruise, Dept of Conservation, Eglington Valley, Fiordland, Homer Tunnel, Key Summit, Knobs Flat, lake Gunn, map, Milford Road, milford sound, Milford track, Mirror lakes, Routeburn Track, Te Anau, Te Anau Downs, the Chasm, the Divide, tour, waterfalls Leave a comment
Milford Sound, N.Z. The Entice of Moving Mountains *****5stars
A CommAnding Presence Mitre Peak has been captured by millions of photographers and become such an icon that it is virtually synonymous with New Zealand, particularly the South Island. Travelling here means you are forced to deal with wet weather but … Continue reading
Lake Te Anau, NZ. Graciously Moving Mountains*****5 stars
WOW! If you’re thinking of tramping (that’s NZ speak for hiking) the Milford or the Routeburn track then consider flying into Queenstown, taking the bus to Lake Te Anau and getting picked up in Te Anau instead of Queenstown. It’s … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, New Zealand, South Island, Tour Tagged bus, Lake Te Anau, Milford, milford sound, queenstown, routeburn, Te Anau, top 10, track Leave a comment
Abel Tasman Track, New Zealand. Unashamedly Moving Mountains*****5stars
New Horizons Why not walk all day and have a water taxi take your bags and drop them off at your overnight stop for you? The Abel Tasman Track is an ideal alternative to lugging your stuff for miles … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Canoe/kayaking, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, South Island, Tour Tagged abel tasman, Abel Tasman Track, Arthurs Pass, Blenheim, Christchurch, ferry, Hiking NZ, Interislander, kayaking, Mt Cook, national park, Nelson, North Island, Picton, Scones, South Island, Trailways Hotel, train, tramping, Trans Coastal, Tranz Alpine, tranz alpine train, travel, walking, walking in new zealand, water taxi, Wilson Experiences, Wilsons Leave a comment