- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: national park
A Stroll in the Sunshine makes us Smile. On the road between the Whakapapa Ski Area and Tongariro Village is the end of the Silica Rapids Walk which can be taken as a circuit or one way. There’s a … Continue reading
* * * * Waiting Amid the Clouds & Mist * * * * Wonderfully clear day yesterday for our train journey on the Northern Explorer to Mt Tongariro in New Zealand’s North Island. Looking out the window at Chateau … Continue reading
GREETINGS FROM NEW ZEALAND (AGAIN)! Just returned from the North Island of New Zealand and an assortment of scone adventures. Flew into Auckland and travelled on the new Northern Explorer Train to Tongariro National Park, then returned on the train back … Continue reading
New Horizons Why not walk all day and have a water taxi take your bags and drop them off at your overnight stop for you? The Abel Tasman Track is an ideal alternative to lugging your stuff for miles … Continue reading
Keeping up the Suspense. Vagaries in the weather provide us with different experiences from those beautifully, clear and fine days. Fortunately, I’ve tramped along the Hooker Valley in different conditions but regardless, it’s still awe inspiring in it’s unpredictability. Looming … Continue reading
Suspended in Time Mount Cook is an elusive creature, keeping you in suspense for that moment when the summit is suddenly clearly visible and distinct. Sometimes you round a bend and there it is or you walk for hours with … Continue reading
Waltzing with the Wind Wandered down to Fitzroy Falls on a beautifully, crisp and clear, but freezing morning. The main lookout is quite close to the falls and today the up draught chilled any intrepid visitors to the bone. After … Continue reading
Tempted to Explore More Or Even Go Offroad? What a brilliant idea! ABC Radio Alice Springs has a series of podcasts for travelling around the Northern Territory so there’s plenty more to explore. The podcasts cover Kakadu National Park, Litchfield … Continue reading
Your Choice, Your Responsibility Another early start at Ayers Rock this morning. Beautifully crisp, cool morning, just right for walking. If your considering walking around or climbing Ayers Rock here’s the visitors guide with maps for Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. There … Continue reading
‘Strewth’, it’s dark outside, as Grandad used to say. He had such a wealth of colourful phrases like ‘stone the crows’ and ‘starve the lizards’ which you don’t hear much anymore. After dinner, we had recovered sufficiently to venture along … Continue reading