- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: Southern Aurora
Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
Scones of the Hunter Valley & New England Tribes Rather than eat ourselves silly on Christmas Day I simply made a batch of scones using the CWA packet mix and was heartened by my family’s joyous response of *****5 stars. … Continue reading
Posted in Food, High Tea, Hunter Valley, New England, Scones Tagged Barrington Tops, Burning Mountain, Crowded House Cafe, Good Pub Guide, Graze, Hunter Valley, Lovedale, New England, Sabor, scone, Southern Aurora, sydney morning herald, Tamworth, Taree, Trip Advisor, Willow Tree Inn, zerotohero Leave a comment
2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
Life Aboard the Southern Aurora If you haven’t travelled overnight on a sleeper there is a lot of insignificant detail to learn. How do you get the bed down? Why won’t it lock back into the wall? Why isn’t there … Continue reading
Posted in New South Wales, Tour, Train Trips Tagged Beds, Carriages, Comfortable, Heritage Rail, Single Berth, Southern Aurora, zerotohero Leave a comment
Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
Day 2: Off to a Great Start Knowing nothing about racing was not entirely a disadvantage at the Wallabadah races as two horses in the first race refused to enter the barriers so my odds went from 1 chance in … Continue reading
Posted in Gardens, Museum, New South Wales, Train Trips Tagged Cup, First Fleet, gardens, Heritage Rail, Memorial, Moonbi Ranges, museum, Races, Railway, Southern Aurora, Tamworth, Walcha, Wallabadah, Werris Creek, zerotohero 1 Comment
Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
Day 1: On Being without Barrington Tops or Scones but with Fireworks Travelling with Heritage Express on the Southern Aurora, a 50 year old inter-city express passenger train. The itinerary says: Explore the Barrington Wilderness from the Hunter World Heritage … Continue reading
Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
It’s New Year’s Eve and it’s hot in Dungog. Last night I boarded the Southern Aurora at Sydney’s Central Station. For me this was not my first sleeper but it was my first trip on the Southern Aurora which is … Continue reading
Posted in Train Trips Tagged carriageways, Dungog, escape, Gloucester, Heritage Rail, new year, Southern Aurora, Taree, train, Vintage Leave a comment