- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: scone
Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
Scones of the Hunter Valley & New England Tribes Rather than eat ourselves silly on Christmas Day I simply made a batch of scones using the CWA packet mix and was heartened by my family’s joyous response of *****5 stars. … Continue reading
Posted in Food, High Tea, Hunter Valley, New England, Scones Tagged Barrington Tops, Burning Mountain, Crowded House Cafe, Good Pub Guide, Graze, Hunter Valley, Lovedale, New England, Sabor, scone, Southern Aurora, sydney morning herald, Tamworth, Taree, Trip Advisor, Willow Tree Inn, zerotohero Leave a comment
What’s a Gundowringa Scone?
Previously…. we found the Schauer (1931) & CWA Coronation (1947) Cook books & asked what’s a Gundowinga Scone? Gundowinga scones use sour cream instead of butter! Gundowringa is an historic homestead farm so there could well be a connection. It’s a … Continue reading
Posted in Food, Jam, Recipes, Scones, Uncategorized Tagged cookbook, crookwell, cwa, getaway, gundowinga, gundowringa, murdoch books, schauer, scone, sour cream Leave a comment
Masterchef & CWA Scone Challenge Followup
Here’s an article I found in the Sydney Morning Herald that followed on from last week’s masterchef scone challenge. They asked Gloria Hyatt who oversaw the CWA cafe at this year’s Sydney Easter Show about scones. They baked about 3000 scones … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones, Sydney Tagged cwa, gloria hyatt, masterchef, recipe, scone, scone challenge, smh, sydney easter show, tips Leave a comment
Are Hot Cross Buns Oversized Scones?
Been considering the cosmic questions of Life, the Universe & Everything. Are hot cross buns oversized scones? Is a scone a yeast free hot cross bun? (Note: What’s the meaning of scone?)
Posted in Food Tagged hot cross bun, scone Leave a comment