- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: new zealand
Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist until the Sunshines! Still Waiting Amidst the Clouds & Mist It wasn’t a dark and stormy night but the road to the Mt Ruapehu base area was covered in mist and and not at … Continue reading
* * * * Waiting Amid the Clouds & Mist * * * * Wonderfully clear day yesterday for our train journey on the Northern Explorer to Mt Tongariro in New Zealand’s North Island. Looking out the window at Chateau … Continue reading
Why would you drive 350 kms? Finally on New Zealand’s North Island and heading down from Auckland to National Park to stay at Chateau Tongariro and walk the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and Mt Ruapehu. Mt Tongariro volcano has erupted … Continue reading
A CommAnding Presence Mitre Peak has been captured by millions of photographers and become such an icon that it is virtually synonymous with New Zealand, particularly the South Island. Travelling here means you are forced to deal with wet weather but … Continue reading
Conquering Life’s Uphill Battles In a time before Sconquest, one of my biggest challenges was tramping the Milford Track on the South Island of New Zealand. Even with months of training it was hard going even in the best of … Continue reading
What to do on a Rainy Day? It’s been pouring with rain this week and a wonderful opportunity to listen to Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Wood an unabridged audiobook from audible.com. Having tramped some of New … Continue reading
Chasing Waterfalls NEW Zealand’s tallest waterfall is Sutherland Falls, near Quinton Lodge on the Milford Track. If you want to enjoy this exhilarating waterfall be prepared to get wet from the spray, the power of the falls or … Continue reading