- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: date
North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
GREETINGS FROM NEW ZEALAND (AGAIN)! Just returned from the North Island of New Zealand and an assortment of scone adventures. Flew into Auckland and travelled on the new Northern Explorer Train to Tongariro National Park, then returned on the train back … Continue reading
Posted in Food, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, Tour, Train Trips Tagged Airport, Auckland, Bay of islands, cafe, Cape Reinga, Chateau Tongariro, cheese, date, gumdiggers, Hokianga, Kauri Ancient Kingdom, kauri Museum, Knoll Ridge, lemonade, Mt Ruapehu, national park, Northern Explorer, railway tearoom, raurimu spiral, Scones, tearooms, The Dome, Tongariro, train Leave a comment
taste.com.au A veritable smorgasboard of scone recipes!!
From the taste.com.au web site making perfect scones and a smorgasbord of scone recipes below that you can try. No pumpkin scones here but I wouldn’t mind the vanilla bean scones with mixed berry jam! Make perfect scones Learn the secret … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones Tagged blueberry, buttermilk, cheese, date, devonshire, herb, honey, lemonade, muesli, pumpkin, savoury, Scones Leave a comment
Taste.com.au Scone Recipes including Buttermilk Scones.
While in Queensland I met a fellow sconquestor who had won competitions with his buttermilk scones. Now I’ve found a buttermilk scone recipe for you to try with variations as well as lots of other scone recipes at the taste.com.au … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones Tagged bacon, basil, buttermilk, chive, date, parmesan, taste.com.au Leave a comment
Sydney, NSW. In the Mood for a High Tea?
Just happened upon HIGH TEA by chance & I had to buy it as it had so many yummy recipes. Other cookbooks I ‘ve had from the Australian Women’s Weekly have become institutions in our kitchen. Dymocks online has the … Continue reading
Posted in Books, High Tea, Scones, Sydney Tagged art gallery of nsw, australian womens weekly, AWW, booktopia, buttermilk, city of sydney archives, date, dymocks, gingerbread, gunner barracks, high tea, max brenner, pumpkin, qvb, sofitel, stamford, sydney, sydney opera house, the observatory, the tea room, vanilla, zonta Leave a comment
Commonsense Cookery Scones
The Commonsense Cookery Book has to have one of the all time, tried & true scone recipes. It was first published in 1914 & compiled by the NSW Public School Cookery Teacher’s Association and used for many years in High Schools. … Continue reading
Posted in Books, Recipes, Scones Tagged abc shop, angus & robertson, Commonsense cookery book, country womens association cookbook, date, dymocks, loaf, pumpkin, Scones, sultana Leave a comment
Masterchef Follow up & Scone Flurry
Such a flurry of scone activity this week since the Masterchef Scone Challenge Episode in Series 3 Episode 2. There’s still no sign of a recipe for the buttermilk scones although a recipe for date & lemon scones from 2009 … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes Tagged andrew denton, buttermilk scones, daily telegraph, date, enough rope, lemon, masterchef, matt moran, matt preston, Norma Allen, Scones, sydney morning herald, white chocolate Leave a comment