- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: brisbane
An Australian Capitals High Tea Challenge.
Why not try a High Tea Tour of Australia? The ABC Shop’s VIP Competition to win a Mothers Day High Tea gives a great list and an excuse to start exploring Australia. How many places have you been? If not, … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged abc shop, Adelaide, brisbane, canberra, Grand Stamford, Hyatt Hotel, Quay West Suites, Skycity Darwin Leave a comment
Heading back home after 2000km on Queensland Rail.
What an adventure! As a train travel novice this journey was an unknown to me. Most of Queensland’s east coast was also unknown to me. Looking back, the first change I would make would be to take an ipad … Continue reading
Posted in Cairns-Port Douglas, Fraser island, Queensland, Townsville, Whitsundays Tagged airlie, beach, brisbane, Cairns, fraser island, Gold Coast, noosa, port douglas, queensland, rail, sunlander, tilt, townsville Leave a comment
Cairns-Townsville, Qld. Pikelet or Scone Class on the Sunlander Train?
All aboard the Sunlander for Townsville & Beyond. Up early again for breakfast & the beginning of my railway adventure. Queensland Rail has two trains that run from Cairns to Brisbane. The Sunlander is a traditional train with seats, overnight … Continue reading
Posted in Queensland, Scones, Train Trips Tagged brisbane, Cairns, lemonade, pass, pikelets, queensland, queenslander, rail, Scones, sunlander, tilt, train Leave a comment