- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: queensland
What an adventure! As a train travel novice this journey was an unknown to me. Most of Queensland’s east coast was also unknown to me. Looking back, the first change I would make would be to take an ipad … Continue reading
My Kingdom for a Beach and a High Tea! Forgotten just how wonderful it is to have such a beautifully long beach. I’ve come all the way down the coast from Cairns and although there were plenty of beaches, there’s … Continue reading
Fraser Island -Hervey Bay -Maryborough & Tilt Train to Brisbane -Express to Nerang -Gold Coast, Qld. 9 hrs & 375km.
A Very Long Way for a Coffee and No Scones! 7.50 am. Ferry from Fraser Island to Hervey Bay. 8.40 am. Bus from River Heads, Hervey Bay to Pialba, Hervey Bay. 9.50 am. Bus Pialba, Hervey Bay to Maryborough West … Continue reading
Waking up in Paradise Arrived after dark last night so there was no way of knowing what was outside my room. Voila! A glorious view of the Whitsundays! Enforced shore leave today as I hadn’t got my act together … Continue reading
Quiet, comfortable and enjoyable travelling on the Tilt Train and much faster than the Sunlander. The omnipresent sugar cane is never far away and the mountains follow our journey south. Somehow, I managed to travel in between meal times. Dining was … Continue reading
Townsville turned out to be the ‘capital’ of Northern Queensland and is half way between Cape York and Brisbane. As the train came into Townsville, it was surprising to see how large it was and how long it took to … Continue reading
All aboard the Sunlander for Townsville & Beyond. Up early again for breakfast & the beginning of my railway adventure. Queensland Rail has two trains that run from Cairns to Brisbane. The Sunlander is a traditional train with seats, overnight … Continue reading
Bygone Train Trips and Stony Creek Falls Took the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a wonderful ride on the old bench seats in the vintage carriages, plenty of room today! Found yet another Rail Australia site which informs us Route: Cairns – Kuranda Duration: 90 minutes Distance: 34 … Continue reading
GET IN & GET WET! JUST SUPERB! 7am. Hardly had time to catch my breath before it was time to get the bus from Cairns to Port Douglas for my snorkelling adventure with Wavelength. A little anxious about being out … Continue reading
Now where’s a map & my Tevas? Off to Northern Queensland so I need a map & my favourite Teva sandals. No idea where or whether I will find scones here, but it’s all part of the adventure and there … Continue reading