- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: Cairns
Heading back home after 2000km on Queensland Rail.
What an adventure! As a train travel novice this journey was an unknown to me. Most of Queensland’s east coast was also unknown to me. Looking back, the first change I would make would be to take an ipad … Continue reading
Posted in Cairns-Port Douglas, Fraser island, Queensland, Townsville, Whitsundays Tagged airlie, beach, brisbane, Cairns, fraser island, Gold Coast, noosa, port douglas, queensland, rail, sunlander, tilt, townsville Leave a comment
Cairns-Townsville, Qld. Pikelet or Scone Class on the Sunlander Train?
All aboard the Sunlander for Townsville & Beyond. Up early again for breakfast & the beginning of my railway adventure. Queensland Rail has two trains that run from Cairns to Brisbane. The Sunlander is a traditional train with seats, overnight … Continue reading
Posted in Queensland, Scones, Train Trips Tagged brisbane, Cairns, lemonade, pass, pikelets, queensland, queenslander, rail, Scones, sunlander, tilt, train Leave a comment
Daintree Rainforest, Qld. Among the Ancient Rainforest & the Crocodiles ****4stars
Another early start today. Travelling further north with Down Under Tours with a small group 4WD Cape Tribulation Tour including Mosman Gorge, Daintree and the Bloomfield Track. Here’s a map and the itinerary: Mossman Gorge Daintree River Cruise Jindalba Boardwalk Alexandra Lookout Tropical Lunch, … Continue reading
Posted in Cairns-Port Douglas, Maps, Queensland, Tour Tagged 4wd, bloomfield, boardwalk, Cairns, cape tribulation, cowie beach, daintree, ice cream, jindalba, kulki, mossman gorge, noah valley, paronella, port douglas, rainforest, river, track Leave a comment
Cairns-Kuranda Scenic Railway, Qld. A Marvellous Ride ****4stars
Bygone Train Trips and Stony Creek Falls Took the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a wonderful ride on the old bench seats in the vintage carriages, plenty of room today! Found yet another Rail Australia site which informs us Route: Cairns – Kuranda Duration: 90 minutes Distance: 34 … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Cairns-Port Douglas, Queensland, Train Trips, Waterfalls Tagged bridge, Cairns, falls, Kuranda, queensland, Railway, Scenic, stony creek, train, Vintage Leave a comment
Kuranda Skyway, Qld. Skyway Rainforest Cableway. Amazing!****4 stars
Riding High Above Barron Falls. Just North of Cairns is the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway which is something different, even if you’ve been on Gondola rides before. The Cableway is 7.5km long and is divided into 3 seperate sections and can … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Bushwalk, Cairns-Port Douglas, Queensland, Scones Tagged Barron Falls, Cableway, Cairns, Gorge, Kuranda, scenic railway, skyway, tea rooms Leave a comment