- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: fraser island
Heading back home after 2000km on Queensland Rail.
What an adventure! As a train travel novice this journey was an unknown to me. Most of Queensland’s east coast was also unknown to me. Looking back, the first change I would make would be to take an ipad … Continue reading
Posted in Cairns-Port Douglas, Fraser island, Queensland, Townsville, Whitsundays Tagged airlie, beach, brisbane, Cairns, fraser island, Gold Coast, noosa, port douglas, queensland, rail, sunlander, tilt, townsville Leave a comment
Fraser Island, Qld. Peter Myers’ Glorious Photography and the Marvellous Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Snap Happy at the Kingfisher Bay Resort! Don’t wast time unpacking, this is photographer’s paradise. Head down to the jetty for those marvellous sunset scenes. Can you take too many sunsets? Never! First thing next morning, we’re paddling a … Continue reading
Posted in Canoe/kayaking, Fraser island, Queensland, Tour Tagged canoe, eco, festival, fraser island, king fisher bay resort, paddling, peter meyers, photography, sunset, tour, whale, Winnie the pooh 1 Comment
Fraser Island, Qld. The Maheno Shipwreck.
Unloved, Unwanted but Undeterred. The Maheno has been slowly rusting away on the shores of Fraser Island since 1935. She was being towed to Japan for scrap and came adrift. Nobody wanted to pay to salvage her so she was … Continue reading
Posted in Fraser island, Queensland, Tour Tagged commando, fraser island, history, images, kingfisher bay resort, maheno, national library of australia, shipwreck Leave a comment