- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: shipwreck
Fraser Island, Qld. The Maheno Shipwreck.
Unloved, Unwanted but Undeterred. The Maheno has been slowly rusting away on the shores of Fraser Island since 1935. She was being towed to Japan for scrap and came adrift. Nobody wanted to pay to salvage her so she was … Continue reading
Posted in Fraser island, Queensland, Tour Tagged commando, fraser island, history, images, kingfisher bay resort, maheno, national library of australia, shipwreck Leave a comment
Fraser Island, Qld. A Spectacular Day Trip.****4stars
A Magical, Whale of a Time! After a hearty breakfast at Kingfisher Bay Resort we joined the Beauty Spots 4WD Eco tour to explore Fraser Island. Glad we weren’t driving, it was hard work at times, even for our most … Continue reading
Posted in Fraser island, Queensland, Tour Tagged australian geographic, eco, fraser, ipad, island, kingfisher bay resort, lake, mackenzie, maheno, photography, pinnacles, shipwreck, tour, walking, whale Leave a comment
Fraser Island, Qld. Fantastic Flying and Enormous Fun.****4stars
Heaven knows what’s next! Opportunity knocks!!! Little did I know that today’s agenda would include a marvellous scenic flight by Air Fraser Island. While savouring the sights of the magnificent beach/highway our Kingfisher Bay eco-tour stopped briefly while … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Flight, Fraser island, Queensland, Tour Tagged air, dunes, eco, fraser, hervey bay, island, kingfisher bay, maheno, sand, shipwreck, tour, whale Leave a comment