- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: hydro majestic
Katoomba, NSW. The Saga of the Explorer’s Tree continues…
Australia’s Original Blarney Stone (Tree)! Fact or Fiction? Does it matter? Seemed such a simple story but it isn’t. Apparently, it is questionable whether the tree was ever marked in 1813 by the explorer’s Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth. Quite innocently, just looking … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, New South Wales Tagged 1813, 200 years, 2013, art gallery nsw, australia, bass, blarney stone., blaxland, blue mountains, carrington hotel, crossing, explorers tree, hydro majestic, imperial hotel, jenolan caves, katoomba, lawson, megalong valley, monument, Mt Victoria, powerhouse museum, six foot track, state library nsw, tea rooms, trove, wentworth Leave a comment
Medlow Bath, NSW. The Hydro Majestic Waits Patiently……..
The Iconic Vision Continues???? The Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath was once the crowning glory of the Blue Mountains but now it lies patiently waiting for a new lease of life. Perched on the top of the escarpment with … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Blue Mountains, High Tea, New South Wales, Scones Tagged blue mountains, Edward Hargraves, high tea, hotel, hydro majestic, Lilianfels, medlow bath Leave a comment
Medlow Bath, NSW. Hydro Majestic Hotel Closed Until late 2012.
Nestled between Katoomba & Blackheath is the Hydro Majestic Hotel, at Medlow Bath which straddles the escarpment above the Megalong Valley. A refurbishment is long over due as it was rather dark and uninviting. Let’s hope there’s great scones, a … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, High Tea, New South Wales, Scones Tagged hydro majestic, medlow bath, megalong valley, tea rooms Leave a comment