- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: katoomba
Katoomba, NSW. Lacklustre Lilianfels **2stars
Great Expectations. Sadly Disappointed. Finally went horse riding for the first time ever. Didn’t fall off & enjoyed the trail ride in the Blue Mountains. It was only an hour but it still left you rather sore and tender. To … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, High Tea, New South Wales, Scones Tagged high tea, katoomba, Lilianfels Leave a comment
Leura, NSW. Flowerpot Scones ***3 Stars.
What: Wayzgoose Cafe Where: 174 Leura Mall, Leura, NSW Ph: 4784 1973 When: 7 days Web: www.wayzgoosecafe.com.au Value: Excellent Cost: Flower Pot Scone $5.50 with plenty jam & cream. Quaint but Crusty & Chewy Have often looked … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Scones Tagged bar., carrington, flower pot, high tea, katoomba, leura, old city bank, Scones, wayzgoose cafe Leave a comment
Katoomba, NSW. Explorers’ Tree Follow Up…
Blue Mountains Library Clarifies… Impressed by the common sense approach of John Low, the Local Studies Librarian at Blue Mountains City Library in an article on the Explorers’ Tree. He concludes with: What are we to make of the considerable variation in detail that … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Blue Mountains, New South Wales Tagged blue mountains, council, explorers tree, katoomba, library, local studies Leave a comment
Katoomba, NSW. The Saga of the Explorer’s Tree continues…
Australia’s Original Blarney Stone (Tree)! Fact or Fiction? Does it matter? Seemed such a simple story but it isn’t. Apparently, it is questionable whether the tree was ever marked in 1813 by the explorer’s Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth. Quite innocently, just looking … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, New South Wales Tagged 1813, 200 years, 2013, art gallery nsw, australia, bass, blarney stone., blaxland, blue mountains, carrington hotel, crossing, explorers tree, hydro majestic, imperial hotel, jenolan caves, katoomba, lawson, megalong valley, monument, Mt Victoria, powerhouse museum, six foot track, state library nsw, tea rooms, trove, wentworth Leave a comment
Katoomba Falls, NSW. A Hidden Treasure.
How Tall is a Tall Waterfall? Start at the Katoomba Falls Kiosk & walk down a little way staying on top of the cliffs. Checked World of Waterfalls to find how tall Katoomba Falls is but it didn’t … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Waterfalls Tagged blue mountains, falls, katoomba, kiosk, scenic skyway, three sisters, vanimans lookout, waterfalls, wild walks Leave a comment
Katoomba, NSW. Solitary Kiosk. ***3stars.Too crumbly.
What: Solitary Restaurant & Kiosk Rating Today: ***3 stars for scones.Too crumbly. Where: 90 Cliff Drive, Leura Falls NSW 2780 Ph: 4782 1164 When: Daily 10.30am- 4.30pm Web: http://www.solitary.com.au Value: Good Cost: $10 Devonshire Tea. Notes: … Continue reading