- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: buttermilk
taste.com.au A veritable smorgasboard of scone recipes!!
From the taste.com.au web site making perfect scones and a smorgasbord of scone recipes below that you can try. No pumpkin scones here but I wouldn’t mind the vanilla bean scones with mixed berry jam! Make perfect scones Learn the secret … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones Tagged blueberry, buttermilk, cheese, date, devonshire, herb, honey, lemonade, muesli, pumpkin, savoury, Scones Leave a comment
Taste.com.au Scone Recipes including Buttermilk Scones.
While in Queensland I met a fellow sconquestor who had won competitions with his buttermilk scones. Now I’ve found a buttermilk scone recipe for you to try with variations as well as lots of other scone recipes at the taste.com.au … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones Tagged bacon, basil, buttermilk, chive, date, parmesan, taste.com.au Leave a comment
Sydney, NSW. In the Mood for a High Tea?
Just happened upon HIGH TEA by chance & I had to buy it as it had so many yummy recipes. Other cookbooks I ‘ve had from the Australian Women’s Weekly have become institutions in our kitchen. Dymocks online has the … Continue reading
Posted in Books, High Tea, Scones, Sydney Tagged art gallery of nsw, australian womens weekly, AWW, booktopia, buttermilk, city of sydney archives, date, dymocks, gingerbread, gunner barracks, high tea, max brenner, pumpkin, qvb, sofitel, stamford, sydney, sydney opera house, the observatory, the tea room, vanilla, zonta Leave a comment
World’s Simplest Scone Recipe…
The time has come to sort out the cookbook shelf. Ah!!! What to keep & what not. I kept an eye out for scone recipes & in the Willow Cookery Book 11th Edition from 1969 found a very simple recipe … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones, Uncategorized Tagged buttermilk, cookery book, coronation, cwa, gundowinga, gundowringa, masterchef, schauer, Scones, willow Leave a comment
Masterchef Scone Challenge & CWA Scone Shame.
Masterchef Series 3 Episode 2: Bootcamp – Scones. Curious that buttermilk scones were the penalty round. It certainly showed that it’s not as simple as you might think. I couldn’t find a copy of the recipe & they didn’t give … Continue reading
Posted in Recipes, Scones Tagged buttermilk, cwa, masterchef, recipe, Scones Leave a comment