- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: sydney
Australia Day: A Fine Days Sailing The ‘HMB Endeavour’ Replica was sailing from its mooring at the Australian National Maritime Museum for the Australia Day Celebrations in Sydney Harbour. We set off about 10am to watch the Ferry Race and join … Continue reading
The Many Faces of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I’m ashamed to admit that I have never walked across the Sydney Harbour Bridge before. Starting at Central Station I caught the train to North Sydney which is only five minutes away. … Continue reading
Just about Foolproof Scones. Hoped to visit Vivid Sydney so stopped on the way to see a fellow sconquestor, armed with a packet of Laucke’s CWA Scone Mix from the supermarket, just in case it was required. Perhaps I could use … Continue reading
Touring Sydney with Seagulls Always great walking through the Botanical Gardens but it was certainly very hot as I made my way from the Art Gallery, down to Circular Quay and the Manly Ferry, here’s a map. Just … Continue reading
The Ferry Maybe E Phillips Fox’s painting is just a little fanciful, but today was a glorious day to catch the Ferry across Sydney Harbour to Kirribilli for the annual Open Day at Admiralty House and Kirribilli House. Admiralty House … Continue reading
Check out this video on You Tube showcasing a variety of performers and the Sydney Opera House, and the behind the scenes video too. Here’s Nick Cave singing the original and the words. Doesn’t seem to be on itunes yet. Fantastic Graphic! Come … Continue reading
Savouring the August Sunshine Beautiful day in Sydney so I caught a train to Town Hall and visited the Queen Victoria Building to investigate the Old Vienna Coffee House on Level 1. Ordered a Devonshire tea but extra hot water for black … Continue reading
Just happened upon HIGH TEA by chance & I had to buy it as it had so many yummy recipes. Other cookbooks I ‘ve had from the Australian Women’s Weekly have become institutions in our kitchen. Dymocks online has the … Continue reading
What: Tara Tea Rooms Rating Today: ****4 stars Yummy scones.Great jam too. Where: 33 George St, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000 Phone:(02) 9247 3233 When: Saturday and Sunday only 10-5pm Web: http://www.irishdesign.com.au/g/4145/tara-tea-room.html Value: Excellent Cost: $9.50 Devonshire … Continue reading