- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: ferry
Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
Australia Day: A Fine Days Sailing The ‘HMB Endeavour’ Replica was sailing from its mooring at the Australian National Maritime Museum for the Australia Day Celebrations in Sydney Harbour. We set off about 10am to watch the Ferry Race and join … Continue reading
Abel Tasman Track, New Zealand. Unashamedly Moving Mountains*****5stars
New Horizons Why not walk all day and have a water taxi take your bags and drop them off at your overnight stop for you? The Abel Tasman Track is an ideal alternative to lugging your stuff for miles … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Canoe/kayaking, New Zealand, North Island, Scones, South Island, Tour Tagged abel tasman, Abel Tasman Track, Arthurs Pass, Blenheim, Christchurch, ferry, Hiking NZ, Interislander, kayaking, Mt Cook, national park, Nelson, North Island, Picton, Scones, South Island, Trailways Hotel, train, tramping, Trans Coastal, Tranz Alpine, tranz alpine train, travel, walking, walking in new zealand, water taxi, Wilson Experiences, Wilsons Leave a comment
Sydney, NSW. Back and Forwards on the Manly Ferry.
Touring Sydney with Seagulls Always great walking through the Botanical Gardens but it was certainly very hot as I made my way from the Art Gallery, down to Circular Quay and the Manly Ferry, here’s a map. Just … Continue reading
Posted in Gardens, New South Wales, Sydney Tagged Botanical Gardens, corso, domain, ferry, Manly, sydney Leave a comment
Townsville, Queensland. A Surprising City.
Townsville turned out to be the ‘capital’ of Northern Queensland and is half way between Cape York and Brisbane. As the train came into Townsville, it was surprising to see how large it was and how long it took to … Continue reading
Posted in Queensland, Train Trips Tagged aquarium, castle hill, dive, endeavour, ferry, hidden valley, magnetic island, maritime, museum, north, paluma, pandora, queensland, reefHQ, station, stingers, strand, townsville, train, tropical, walk, wallaman falls, yongala Leave a comment