- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: opera house
Sydney Harbour, NSW. A Fabulous Bridge Walk with Great Scones****4stars
The Many Faces of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I’m ashamed to admit that I have never walked across the Sydney Harbour Bridge before. Starting at Central Station I caught the train to North Sydney which is only five minutes away. … Continue reading
Posted in High Tea, New South Wales, Scones, Sydney, Uncategorized Tagged Biennale, Cahill Walk, climb, Harbour Bridge, ipad, opera house, Scones, strawberry and cream, sydney, Tea Cosy, tea rooms, Writers Walk 1 Comment
Kirribilli, NSW. At Home with Julia & Quenton.
The Ferry Maybe E Phillips Fox’s painting is just a little fanciful, but today was a glorious day to catch the Ferry across Sydney Harbour to Kirribilli for the annual Open Day at Admiralty House and Kirribilli House. Admiralty House … Continue reading
Posted in Gardens, High Tea, New South Wales, Scones, Sydney Tagged admiralty house, art gallery nsw, bridge, city rail, fort denison, google goggles, harbour, house, kirribilli, kirribilli house, open, opera house, sydney Leave a comment
Sydney Opera House. Nick Cave’s ‘The Ship Song’. Stunning.
Check out this video on You Tube showcasing a variety of performers and the Sydney Opera House, and the behind the scenes video too. Here’s Nick Cave singing the original and the words. Doesn’t seem to be on itunes yet. Fantastic Graphic! Come … Continue reading
Posted in Sydney, Theatre Tagged nick cave, opera house, ships song, sydney, sydney opera house, video, you tube Leave a comment
QVB Sydney, NSW. Old Vienna doorstop scones. **2stars
Savouring the August Sunshine Beautiful day in Sydney so I caught a train to Town Hall and visited the Queen Victoria Building to investigate the Old Vienna Coffee House on Level 1. Ordered a Devonshire tea but extra hot water for black … Continue reading
Posted in New South Wales, Scones, Sydney Tagged circular quay, city extra, old vienna, opera house, qvb, sydney 1 Comment