- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: bridge
Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
A Lesson in English History It was such a glorious, sunny day. After St Paul’s Cathedral I visited the Tower of London which was not far away. Just follow the path along the river from St Paul’s up towards … Continue reading
Posted in London, Sightseeing Tagged animals, bridge, Crown jewels, Kendra haste, ravens, sculpture, tour, tower, Tower of London, yeoman 1 Comment
Kirribilli, NSW. At Home with Julia & Quenton.
The Ferry Maybe E Phillips Fox’s painting is just a little fanciful, but today was a glorious day to catch the Ferry across Sydney Harbour to Kirribilli for the annual Open Day at Admiralty House and Kirribilli House. Admiralty House … Continue reading
Posted in Gardens, High Tea, New South Wales, Scones, Sydney Tagged admiralty house, art gallery nsw, bridge, city rail, fort denison, google goggles, harbour, house, kirribilli, kirribilli house, open, opera house, sydney Leave a comment
Hidden Valley, Qld. Close Scone Encounters at Paluma!
so Near but so Far! Off again, this time to Hidden Valley Cabins. Nice to have a 9am pick up from Townsville and explore the city sights including Castle Hill. From here (if it’s clear) there are magnificent 360 … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Maps, Queensland, Scones, Tour, Townsville, Waterfalls Tagged australian georgaphic, bridge, cabins, castle hill, eco, falls, hidden valley, lennox, little crystal creek, lookout, magnetic island, national park, paluma, platypus, pottery, rainforest inn, townsville, wallaman Leave a comment
Cairns-Kuranda Scenic Railway, Qld. A Marvellous Ride ****4stars
Bygone Train Trips and Stony Creek Falls Took the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a wonderful ride on the old bench seats in the vintage carriages, plenty of room today! Found yet another Rail Australia site which informs us Route: Cairns – Kuranda Duration: 90 minutes Distance: 34 … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Cairns-Port Douglas, Queensland, Train Trips, Waterfalls Tagged bridge, Cairns, falls, Kuranda, queensland, Railway, Scenic, stony creek, train, Vintage Leave a comment