- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: milford sound
The Milford Road, NZ. A Pictorial Journey.*****5stars
Timeless… Te Anau (start). Time to take a local tour bus up to Milford Sound which is 120km or 2 1/2 hrs driven away. As there’s only one road in and out, why not enjoy the views and leave the … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, Maps, New Zealand, South Island, Tour, Uncategorized, Waterfalls Tagged Cruise, Dept of Conservation, Eglington Valley, Fiordland, Homer Tunnel, Key Summit, Knobs Flat, lake Gunn, map, Milford Road, milford sound, Milford track, Mirror lakes, Routeburn Track, Te Anau, Te Anau Downs, the Chasm, the Divide, tour, waterfalls Leave a comment
Milford Sound, N.Z. The Entice of Moving Mountains *****5stars
A CommAnding Presence Mitre Peak has been captured by millions of photographers and become such an icon that it is virtually synonymous with New Zealand, particularly the South Island. Travelling here means you are forced to deal with wet weather but … Continue reading
Lake Te Anau, NZ. Graciously Moving Mountains*****5 stars
WOW! If you’re thinking of tramping (that’s NZ speak for hiking) the Milford or the Routeburn track then consider flying into Queenstown, taking the bus to Lake Te Anau and getting picked up in Te Anau instead of Queenstown. It’s … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, New Zealand, South Island, Tour Tagged bus, Lake Te Anau, Milford, milford sound, queenstown, routeburn, Te Anau, top 10, track Leave a comment
Sutherland Falls, New Zealand. A Marvellous Water Fall.
Chasing Waterfalls NEW Zealand’s tallest waterfall is Sutherland Falls, near Quinton Lodge on the Milford Track. If you want to enjoy this exhilarating waterfall be prepared to get wet from the spray, the power of the falls or … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, New Zealand, Scones, Waterfalls Tagged DOC, falls, lodge, mackinnon pass, milford sound, new zealand, pompolona, quinton, sunderland, sutherland, Te Anau, ultimate hikes, World of Waterfalls Leave a comment