- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: falls
Carrington Falls, NSW. A Tranquil Haven. ****4stars
Whiling Away an early Wattle Day A late lunch of tomato and bacon soup with sourdough at the Robertson Cheese Factory Cafe fortified us for more waterfalls. The cafe was right by the railway line and there were a … Continue reading
Wallaman Falls, Qld. Chasing Butterflies, Rainbows & Scones!
Rainbows among the Sunshine After yesterday’s sconelessness we were hopeful for better luck today. Sadly, the Rainforest Inn was closed after their hectic day yesterday and the Heritage Tea Rooms at Herveys Range looked fantastic but were in the wrong … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Queensland, Scones, Tour, Townsville, Waterfalls Tagged cassowary, crocodile, falls, Girringin, heritage tea rooms, herveys range, hidden valley, ingham, jinda, national park, picnic, rainbow, townsville, wallaman Leave a comment
Hidden Valley, Qld. Close Scone Encounters at Paluma!
so Near but so Far! Off again, this time to Hidden Valley Cabins. Nice to have a 9am pick up from Townsville and explore the city sights including Castle Hill. From here (if it’s clear) there are magnificent 360 … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Maps, Queensland, Scones, Tour, Townsville, Waterfalls Tagged australian georgaphic, bridge, cabins, castle hill, eco, falls, hidden valley, lennox, little crystal creek, lookout, magnetic island, national park, paluma, platypus, pottery, rainforest inn, townsville, wallaman Leave a comment
Cairns-Kuranda Scenic Railway, Qld. A Marvellous Ride ****4stars
Bygone Train Trips and Stony Creek Falls Took the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a wonderful ride on the old bench seats in the vintage carriages, plenty of room today! Found yet another Rail Australia site which informs us Route: Cairns – Kuranda Duration: 90 minutes Distance: 34 … Continue reading
Posted in Attractions, Cairns-Port Douglas, Queensland, Train Trips, Waterfalls Tagged bridge, Cairns, falls, Kuranda, queensland, Railway, Scenic, stony creek, train, Vintage Leave a comment
Katoomba Falls, NSW. A Hidden Treasure.
How Tall is a Tall Waterfall? Start at the Katoomba Falls Kiosk & walk down a little way staying on top of the cliffs. Checked World of Waterfalls to find how tall Katoomba Falls is but it didn’t … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Waterfalls Tagged blue mountains, falls, katoomba, kiosk, scenic skyway, three sisters, vanimans lookout, waterfalls, wild walks Leave a comment
Sutherland Falls, New Zealand. A Marvellous Water Fall.
Chasing Waterfalls NEW Zealand’s tallest waterfall is Sutherland Falls, near Quinton Lodge on the Milford Track. If you want to enjoy this exhilarating waterfall be prepared to get wet from the spray, the power of the falls or … Continue reading
Posted in Bushwalk, New Zealand, Scones, Waterfalls Tagged DOC, falls, lodge, mackinnon pass, milford sound, new zealand, pompolona, quinton, sunderland, sutherland, Te Anau, ultimate hikes, World of Waterfalls Leave a comment
Leura Falls, NSW. BYO Thermos & Scones****4 stars.Wonderful..
Taking Time to Walk & Wonder Suitably fortified, it was time to visit the Leura Cascades & continue on this section of the Prince Henry Cliff Walk. It’s good to have a map. The Blue Mountains Tourist Newspaper is available in … Continue reading
Posted in Blue Mountains, Bushwalk, New South Wales, Scones, Waterfalls Tagged bridal veil falls, bridal veil lookout, cascades, falls, leura, Mt Solitary, round walk, Scones, waterfall Leave a comment