- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Category Archives: Scones
The Many Faces of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I’m ashamed to admit that I have never walked across the Sydney Harbour Bridge before. Starting at Central Station I caught the train to North Sydney which is only five minutes away. … Continue reading
Just about Foolproof Scones. Hoped to visit Vivid Sydney so stopped on the way to see a fellow sconquestor, armed with a packet of Laucke’s CWA Scone Mix from the supermarket, just in case it was required. Perhaps I could use … Continue reading
At Last, a Recipe! Dear Sconquest Followers, My apologies for not including recipes before now. I have endeavoured to find the copyright and get permission for the Commonsense Cookery Scones and the popular Wizz in the Kitchen food processor scones … Continue reading
Great Expectations. Sadly Disappointed. Finally went horse riding for the first time ever. Didn’t fall off & enjoyed the trail ride in the Blue Mountains. It was only an hour but it still left you rather sore and tender. To … Continue reading
Picasso – Sorry, Not My Cup of Tea. Go now so there’s no worry about crowds at the Art Gallery of NSW. When I arrived about 1.30 pm there were plenty of tickets available for any of the half hour … Continue reading
What: Wayzgoose Cafe Where: 174 Leura Mall, Leura, NSW Ph: 4784 1973 When: 7 days Web: www.wayzgoosecafe.com.au Value: Excellent Cost: Flower Pot Scone $5.50 with plenty jam & cream. Quaint but Crusty & Chewy Have often looked … Continue reading
What’s Cooking Uncle Sam? Hi there, As your special envoy on the USA at present, I felt bound to record Queen Elizabeth IIs scone recipe that she shared with President Eisenhower in 1960. It was part of the What’s … Continue reading
The Iconic Vision Continues???? The Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath was once the crowning glory of the Blue Mountains but now it lies patiently waiting for a new lease of life. Perched on the top of the escarpment with … Continue reading
What: Megalong Valley Tea Rooms Today:**** 4 stars. Generous Devonshire Tea. Where: Megalong Road, Megalong Valley NSW 2785 Phone:02 4787 9181 When: Open 9am Daily. Web: http://www.megalongtearooms.com Value: Ok for generous servings. Cost $9.95 … Continue reading
How Tall is a Waratah? Too tall for me! Where’s a step ladder when you need one? Nowhere near Evans Lookout that’s for sure! Rather glorious to be walking along and spy such beautiful flowers. Fortunately, trying a lighter, compact … Continue reading