- Thirlmere Trainworks 2016
- Parramatta, NSW. Riding the Rails of Yesteryear
- Trawling for Scones in the Wake of the Southern Aurora.
- 2014 New Years Escape: Coming Full Circle.
- Wallabadah, NSW. Racing Headlong into the New Year
- Upper Hunter Valley, NSW. Cruising aboard the Southern Aurora
- Taree, NSW. A Voice in the Wilderness
- Tower of London, England. Tales of Treasure, Murder & Mayhem ****4stars
- St Paul’s Cathedral, London. Simply Stunning *****5 stars.
- The Dawn of Sconeology
- Canberra, ACT. Turner from the Tate.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. The Joys of Rocks, Rubble & the Rest *****5 stars
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Rising to the Challenge *****5 stars.
- Mt Tongariro, N.Z. Sharing Life’s Joys and Challenges****5 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Enjoying the Silica Rapids Walk****4 stars
- Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Duly Rewarded ****4stars.
- Tongariro, Mt Ruapehu, N.Z. Patience Rewarded****4 stars
- Auckland-National Park, NZ. Train Spirals on Kiwi Rail’s Northern Explorer ****4stars
- Sydney Harbour, NSW. All Aboard ‘HMB Endeavour’ ****4 stars
- North Island, New Zealand. Assorted Scone Adventures 2013.
- Alice Springs
- Ayers Rock
- Blue Mountains
- Cairns-Port Douglas
- Central Australia
- DIY Tea
- Fraser island
- High Tea
- Hunter Valley
- Jervis Bay
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- National Parks
- New England
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- North Island
- Simpsons Gap
- South Australia
- South Island
- Southern Highlands
- Standley Chasm
- The Olgas
- Tongariro National Park
- Top End
- Train Trips
Tag Archives: Scones
Taking Time to Walk & Wonder Suitably fortified, it was time to visit the Leura Cascades & continue on this section of the Prince Henry Cliff Walk. It’s good to have a map. The Blue Mountains Tourist Newspaper is available in … Continue reading
What: Cafe Madeline Rating Today: ****4 stars Sweet scones.Great jam . Where: 187a Leura Mall, Leura NSW 2780 Phone: 02 4784 3833 When: 7 days a week 9am-5pm Web: http://www.josophans.com.au Value: Pricey Cost: Scones,butter & … Continue reading
The time has come to sort out the cookbook shelf. Ah!!! What to keep & what not. I kept an eye out for scone recipes & in the Willow Cookery Book 11th Edition from 1969 found a very simple recipe … Continue reading
‘A Wizz in the Kitchen’ which came with the Breville Wizz a long time ago, 1980’s? You can even buy it on e-bay now for under $10. This was a popular recipe, it was quick & simple & made less mess as … Continue reading
The Commonsense Cookery Book has to have one of the all time, tried & true scone recipes. It was first published in 1914 & compiled by the NSW Public School Cookery Teacher’s Association and used for many years in High Schools. … Continue reading
Such a flurry of scone activity this week since the Masterchef Scone Challenge Episode in Series 3 Episode 2. There’s still no sign of a recipe for the buttermilk scones although a recipe for date & lemon scones from 2009 … Continue reading
What: Tara Tea Rooms Rating Today: ****4 stars Yummy scones.Great jam too. Where: 33 George St, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000 Phone:(02) 9247 3233 When: Saturday and Sunday only 10-5pm Web: http://www.irishdesign.com.au/g/4145/tara-tea-room.html Value: Excellent Cost: $9.50 Devonshire … Continue reading
Men making scones. Baking & sharing scones creates much joy & happiness. In our family the men like to make the scones. It’s something that they enjoy doing on special occasions or whenever they feel like it. Great for Sundays too! It’s … Continue reading
Masterchef Series 3 Episode 2: Bootcamp – Scones. Curious that buttermilk scones were the penalty round. It certainly showed that it’s not as simple as you might think. I couldn’t find a copy of the recipe & they didn’t give … Continue reading